Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Why do they have to grow up?



Today is Anthony's first day of Kindergarten. I am not happy about him being in school ALL day. I honestly think 8:30-3:40 is too long of a day for a 5 year old, but I thought I was ok with him going. I thought I would eventually get use to my house being so quite I could work during the day. I thought about the errands I could do with only having one child during the day. I thought about the one on one time Vinny could receive. Then I started to think about how long he would be gone for each day, what will he be doing, how much another person will influence his life, how lifeless my home will feel, how much I will miss him and how much Vinny will miss his playmate and best friend. Then my husband started to tell me how sad he was about Anthony starting school and how quickly high school will be here. He said to me, "Wasn't it just last week when I was walking you home from high school?" It seems like it to me, but obviously my sense of time is warped. I thought I just found out I was pregnant with Anthony yesterday. It's been six years since that happened! I remember the 2 hour conversation my husband and I had as soon as I discovered we were expecting. The future, our hopes and dreams... I know we have to let go, but I still want to hang on for a little while longer.
Love you babe. Have a great first day of school.
Love,
Mommy

No comments: